When an expert biker wants to ride through a very rough hilly terrain, the mountain bike is the best option for bearing all kinds of roughness on the way towards the targeted point. But the adventurous buyers will find several types of mountain bikes for sale, based on the design of the bike suspension, sizes or styles of the wheels and strength of the bike frames. All these types of mountain bikes are highly adorable among the daring bikers, as per the types of activities to be undertaken by them.
Most Commonly Available Varieties of Mountain Bikes in The Market:
- Cross Country Bikes – This variety of mountain bike is intended to ride through the dirt roads of the countryside regions, as well as up and down the mountainous terrain. The wheel size of this type of bike is made to be 29 inches that are 3 inches greater than the usual mountain bikes. The bike frame is ultra-light in nature, making it the lightest variety of mountain bike. This bike is provided with longer wheelbases, steeper head angles, more elongated chain stays and stems, for faster and smoother movements through the uneven grounds of mountains.
- Downhill Bikes – This specific variety of mountain bike is used mainly for riding the steep downhill slopes while maintaining the high speed used by most bikers. But the biker needs to keep focused on the way ahead; due to the heavy coil shock present in the suspension of the bike that is 170 – 250 mm in size and the largest wheel sizes. The tires of the wheels are provided with thicker casings for ensuring better stability and durability, along with proper on-road performance and balancing.
- Freeride Bikes – This type of bike is specially designed with a neutral head angle and very lightweight bike frame that is also highly durable. The tires of this bike are known for their efficiency in maintaining balance on uneven grounds, as well as the easy traction and rolling abilities. This bike is very simple to operate and has extremely agile movements, for which it is a favourite in racing competitions on mountainous regions. The suspension system of this bike is made minimum 170 – 180 mm for absorbing the shocks while jumping through the ups and downs of the hilly slopes.
- Dirt Jump Bikes – This specific mountain bike is made with very simple design and has all the useful features of freeride bikes and cross-country bikes. This bike is used by the expert bikers for exhibiting some aerial jumping tricks while riding the bike, which is possible due to the extreme light weight of the bike frame and high-speed gears, larger handlebars and low level of the seat posts on the bike.
- All Mountain Bikes – This type of mountain bike is manufactured for riding through the uneven mountainous terrain. But when the buyers search among this variety of mountain bikes for sale, they need to check the size of the suspension that should be larger than the other types of bikes. The head angle should be a slacker, the wheelbase needs to be longer and the bottom bracket is attached at a very low level, for providing sound stability while riding the bike on the difficult grounds of the hilly region. Usually, very sturdy types of tires are used for this type of mountain bike, with necessary knobs for facing all the sharp corners on road.
All the mountain bikes for sale are highly preferred among the athletes and professional bikers, though all these bikes are a bit different in make for the male and female users.