Everyone wants a living room that’s comfortable and yet, high on aesthetics. While choosing a corner lounge might seem like a simple enough idea, when you walk into a store, the options available can overwhelm you. There can be options to choose a corner lounge in black, beige and in white colors, if you want to give a more sophisticated look to your office decoration, but for your home drawing room, you can simply choose pastel shades or light elegant colors to complement the entire home decor.
Corner Lounge Versus Separate Sofas
It depends on the size of your living room and your preferences. With a corner lounge, you can snuggle up to your partner in a corner.
- Moreover, if you get the orientation of the lounge correct, you can have a good TV viewing position for everyone involved. That said, the orientation would depend on the size of your room and where your TV is placed.
- Thus, you need to imagine the space and what kind of furniture you need to buy.
- Separate sofas can give you the advantage of placing a coffee table in the corner. However, they might not offer the kind of lounging benefits a corner lounge would.
Think about Access Too
Space selection, and the selection of colors, sizes and materials for the corner lounge can make your living space look larger and more spacious. In addition to that, you do not want a lounge that blocks entries and exits. Get a good measure of your living room before you go sofa shopping. You also need to consider how much of your living area you want to over with the lounge. That said, covering the entire area, or almost the entire area is not such a good idea. It can make your space look cluttered and uninviting.
Choose the Right Colors
Choosing the right color of your corner lounge is also essential. First and foremost, it should flow with the other pieces of furniture you are buying. For instance, if you plan on buying a corner lounge in a bright color, the rest of the furniture should be in neutral tones. Too much brightness in living spaces can make them look like play areas, and you definitely don’t want that to happen.
- Colors are also influenced by the size of your living room. For instance, bright colored sofas would work well in large spaces.
- However, for smaller spaces, you are best advised to stick to neutral tones like grey and white.
- In fact, white is the best choice if you are living in a small apartment. Combine white with light colored walls and your space will automatically look bigger.
Check out the Durability of the Materials when you Choose the Corner Lounge:
Durability is important when it comes to furniture. When buying corner lounges, make sure you ask the shopkeeper what the sofa frame is made from. Steel is perhaps the strongest material used for sofa frames although the hardwood varieties are not discarded altogether.
- Similarly, the material of the cushions matters too. Make sure you buy a lounge that has memory foam, since it is more durable than other varieties.
- Pocket-spring mechanism in a sofa also adds to its longevity.
- When buying leather sofas, check to see that split-leather isn’t used. Instead, insist on sofas that are made from full-hide leather.
Finally, you must know that a corner lounge with leather cushions probably isn’t the best choice if you have pets. Macro-suede material is the best choice in such cases, since it gives you a snug feel while being durable. Generally speaking, fabrics with tight weave work best in homes with pets and kids.