One paints the wall of the room or adds new furniture pieces or even changes the flooring of the home to make it look beautiful. Small changes such as changing the window blinds, or the curtains and drapes can also make the room look lovely and interesting. The market is flooded with a vast range of window blinds and all of them look so elegant and beautiful that one may get confused as to which one to buy. However, it is very important to choose the right type of window blind; otherwise the room may look shabby, dull and untidy.
Some of the common types of blinds that are found include:
- Wood and Faux blinds
- Vertical Blinds
- Aluminum Blinds
- Honeycomb Blinds
- Pleated Blinds
- Roller Blinds
- Exterior Blinds
- Roman Blinds
- Vertical Blinds
But all these types of blinds cannot be used as Window Blinds for Home. Therefore, one needs to know which blinds can be used for homes.
Looking for window blinds that can go well with the home windows is an interesting task to do. Imagination, creativeness, and the right approach on planning can help in achieving a new yet comfortable look for the home. Though there is a wide variety of selection available for window treatments nowadays, not all of these type will suit the needs when it comes to functionality and aesthetics in the home. Listed below are some of the tips how to buy Window Blinds for Home:
- To give the home a traditional look or a rustic feel; one can choose the bamboo Roman blinds, white Roman blinds or the roller blinds.
- Go for light colored Venetian blinds for the bedroom with dark colored furniture pieces.
- For large windows in the living room opt for the Roman Blinds as they not only enhance the beauty of the room but also make the room feel warm and cozy.
- To achieve a rustic ambience for the home, go for the natural of faux window blinds.
- Do not use aluminum blinds for homes as they are known for imparting a professional look and style to the home.
- To block UV light from coming through the window and to get extra insulation, one can opt for the honeycomb blinds.
- For bedroom, bathroom and other private areas of the home opt for the dark colored blinds or black-out versions as they are known for providing ultimate privacy.
- For kitchens, look for blinds that can withstand heat, food and water spillage and can resist stain. Anything made from PVC or plastic, such as faux wood blinds, can be ideal for kitchen and bathroom.
- When buying window blinds; consider the budget first as you will find inexpensive or expensive ones too.
- Consider the light and privacy that is required for the home. For example, there are window blinds like Venetian blinds which allow the light to enter and for complete privacy one can opt for black-out Roman blinds.
All these tips would help in choosing the right window blinds.
However, like any other home accessories; the blinds also require frequent attention and cleaning as they easily attract dust and dirt. Therefore, they should be cleaned at least once a week depending on the type of fabric or as per the manufacturer’s instruction. Deep cleaning of the blinds may be done once every six months to keep them clean and durable. Blinds can accumulate germs and that can be harmful to everyone living in the house.
Thus, make it a habit to regularly clean the blinds. Special cleaning tools for the blinds can be bought so that one can ensure that it is always in its best shape.