In every healthcare facility such as hospitals and nursing homes, a specialized isolation ward exists which keeps the patients who are suffering from infectious diseases. These wards implement several measures in order to reduce the spread of infections. Even visitors are not allowed to enter these wards and nurses, doctors and other hospital staffs, those who need to enter these wards need to take special protection. Some of the common communicable diseases that require isolation include:
- Small Pox
- Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS)
Among all the precautionary measures that are required to be taken, the use of medication isolation trolley is one of the most important things that one needs to take into consideration. Hospital carts were seen as one of the main vectors of infection. Thus, the isolation trolley has been invented. The isolation trolley is used for the same purposes as the regular hospital carts. However, the isolation trolley is painted with a special antimicrobial paint, which kills the germs on coming in contact. Therefore, it becomes unlikely that an isolation trolley could be transferring pathogens from one hospital bed to another. This medical cart can be used to store:
- Medical Equipment
Benefits of A Medication Isolation Trolley:
- It can be easily transported from one place to the other.
- It is durable yet light in weight.
- It has the shelves that are made from nonporous materials.
- It has ample amount of storage space and can be used to store all the required things in specific drawers.
- It contains special holders to hold alcoholic hand rub, disinfectant wipes, sanitizers, masks, gloves etc.
- It can be kept under lock and key when not in use as this prevents the unauthorized users from getting access.
Apart from all these features, these isolation carts come in various colors which assist the hospital staffs and visitors to readily recognize that this cart is meant for the isolation ward. Moreover, these carts are available in varied designs, sizes and patterns and are known for their user friendly designs. In addition, these carts are available as non-locking drawers, individually locking drawers or central locking drawers. Usual accessory options comprise of profound drawers for large supplies and a built-in aluminum frame with a colored sign line. These trolleys offer a secured and portable storage option that helps to keep patient treatment supplies easy to access at all times. Customizations, tractability and ample work space are the features that these trolley promises.
Tips to Consider When Purchasing Medication Isolation Trolley:
- Opt for a well-known company which has been into manufacturing of these types of items since years.
- Go through the online reviews, client testimonials and feedback to get more information on these medical carts.
- Check the features that the trolley offers and compare it with the trolleys that are offered by other companies.
- Compare the price with the trolleys that are offered by other companies.
- Since this involves large investments, consider on the quality, materials and guarantee periods that the company offers for this particular medication trolley.
- Find out if the company has a friendly and knowledgeable team that stands ready to answer all questions and help the customer find the solutions that best suit their needs.
- Check if the company offers easy ordering facility and fast delivery service.
- Always go for company that sells the medication trolleys from renowned brands as branded products always ensure high quality and value.
Thus, it can be concluded by stating that by choosing the right medication isolation trolley; one can reduce the risk of pathogens from spreading.