Cranes are usually used by the construction companies and are very strong and very big pieces of equipment that help to lift huge weights, therefore creating very objects much simpler to transfer. The crane generally employs only three simple machines the lever, the pulley, and the hydraulic cylinder by which actually they function. Cranes have become an absolute necessity in several industries. They can make the job easier; however, cranes are more commonly the cause of on-the-job accidents than any other heavy equipment. They account for more than twenty percent of all deaths associated with construction jobs. This is why the cranes require regular checkups and maintenance as otherwise they can cause serious accidents and will not perform properly. Before knowing about the maintenance services that are available for the cranes; it is essential to learn about the various types of cranes that are available. In the process of choosing the right type of crane to match the task, it is necessary to consider both the weight of the load and the radius to lift the load. Some of the commonly used cranes are listed below:
- Mobile Cranes
- Tower Cranes
- Telescopic Cranes
- Truck mounted Cranes
- Loader Cranes
- Rough Terrain Cranes
- Overhead Cranes
All these crane types are popularly found in the construction industry and in the manufacturing of heavy equipment. Cranes can also be seen in the manufacturing plants to accumulate products. The Best Crane Repair Service includes services such as
- Breakdown maintenance
- Annual Maintenance
- Periodic Preventive Maintenance
- Predictive Maintenance
Apart from this the health checkup of the crane includes checking of Crane Span, Diagonal, Wear and distortion of wheel extensions, LT & CT Wheel Verticality & Skew, Inspection of Hook, Gearboxes, Wire Rope, Drive alignment, Couplings, Status of motors, brake and brake drum, limit switches, overload relays, contactors, cables and load bearing constructions. The health checkup also includes
- Checking Seat belts
- Checking Headlights
- Checking Tail lights
- Checking level variance of trolley rails
- Checking alignment and for dual girder cranes
Besides this, Best Crane Repair Service also accepts crane site services which include:
- Erection of cranes
- On site fabrication of cranes
- Structural Assembly of cranes
- Disassemble and shifting of cranes
When looking for a crane repairing Service Company ensure that the following points are checked:
- Look for the company that hires only the expert technicians who can perform emergency repairing services as well as planned maintenance services and upgrades along with planned repairs, preauthorized repairs and on-call repairs.
- Check if the company works with the operation schedule and time constraints to fulfill the repair requirements.
- Check if the company also offers consultation services regarding crane reliability study, gear inspections, and other critical components of the crane.
- Find out for what brands and types of cranes do the company offer services for. This is because the service required for a particular type of crane can differ from the other.
- Check if the company offers quick and cost-effective ways to keep the cranes up to date. Starting from radio remote controls to retrofitting VFD drives are some of the ways by which the cranes can be upgraded.
The cranes should undergo timely inspections in order to reduce the below given situations such as:
- Hamper of productivity
With a little more awareness, proper equipment maintenance, and less carelessness on the job, one can see a drop in the crane-related deaths.
Thus, it is extremely important to have thorough and regular crane inspection schedules in place, to enable the cranes to have long and healthy operating life and to prevent the fatalities at the workplace.