Is your kitchen design eclectic? Or is it neo-classical? Or do you want to build a brand new kitchen. Are you on the lookout for a good reliable and affordable kitchen designer? As a home owner, you will look forward for the best style for your kitchen. We are here to provide you certain important tips on how to pick your kitchen designers for this integral part of your home where delicious meal is cooked for your family and host friends as well.
Before deciding on hiring a kitchen designers, you should understand why to hire one?
When you are ready to design your kitchen, you need to be aware that it requires you to choose appliances; materials and determining a layout, electrical work, plumbing work are all a part of kitchen designing. That is a very difficult task as your home will be messy and you need to manage a few weeks with outside food. People allergic to dust must temporarily look for a place outside.
With all this in mind, and tasks taken care of, you then need to start the hunt for materials etc. If you rather hire a kitchen designer – a pat on the back! It is very good decision. They would just do all the things of procuring materials, dealing with plumber electricians. But that’s not all. They will add life and style to your kitchen layout.
Search Designers Online and Word of Mouth.
- Talk to shortlisted designers. Talk about their work, experience, mode of payment, term of payment, warranties and what specialty they bring to the table.
- Compare candidates: First and foremost, you need to be comfortable with the kind of attitude that they have. This will help you to discuss openly on what you want and what you dislike. You can brainstorm openly without any inhibitions. Pick one such candidate and you will relax through the process.
- Formalities: Once you finalize, discuss responsibilities, payment terms you need to document it on work contract. The subcontractors hired by your designer must be insured – ensure that you talk about these details and sign the contract.
- Now these are briefly the step you must follow. Once you get on to the work, generally flooring is done first. Choose a white, off-white, cream, woody or a shiny steel finish for your kitchen.
- Once you finalize your color and theme, finalize the layout with your designer. Should the cabinets that have the glass doors? How many cabinets do you need? Do you need custom made cabinets? Should you customize a cabinet to place your equipment? If you have a narrow kitchen just run two parallel kitchen counter tops. Two is a must and 3 would be great. When you have a narrow kitchen, and two bench tops, you can then use one side of your kitchen to cook and the other to store your cooked stuff. That way, your cooking area is always clean. If you create cabinets will hide all your groceries and make your kitchen look spic n span.
- If you have a wide or square kitchen, be sure to throw in an oval, rectangular island! It adds a style factor. You can use the area below the island to store your groceries as well – a lot of them!
If you are artistic or like art, you could get traditional paintings on the roof and walls or buy blinds that represent art. Ensure your kitchen cabinets are not placed near the cook top as the cabinets tend to get greasy with all the cooking. Invest in a good exhaust.