Floor sanding is the popular way to compensate for the uneven surface and the technique of smoothing a floor which is installed. If you want to renew the appearance of an old floor, you have to undertake timber floor sanding & polishing.
- People love to see a well decorated and smooth floor. Smooth floor adds to the value of the property. To prevent any kind of damage to the floor, it is important to get in touch with a professional, who can carry on proper sanding to enhance the aesthetic appeal of your home.
- If you are the owner of a hotel, a restaurant or an office, and your area gets maximum traffic, you should consider polyurethane finish. It is very strong and carries a lot enduring finish that is worth considering.
- An expert will use the needed appliances to carry out sanding and polishing in a safe manner. A well sanded floor is durable, attractive, sophisticated and versatile. If you are choosing a floor restoration expert, make sure he is experienced and well-informed in the task.
Steps for Carrying Out Floor Sanding and Polishing
If you are considering a diy floor sanding or polishing, consider the steps below:
- The floor that needs to be restored must not have any furniture piece. Make sure you remove the furniture pieces in advance. This will not only protect your home pieces and fixtures but will also speed up the entire process.
- The second step is to carry out repairs on the wooden boards, if needed. For instance, the protruding nails should be properly fixed and loose boards must be attached efficiently.
- After the floor is ready for sanding, you need to sand the floor. This is an arduous and tiring task. To sand the floor properly, you need to devote quality time.
- Now, use the edger and sand the floor. So, wherever the drum sander cannot reach, you can use the edger. The Edger has built a great reputation for itself. You need to use it in the side-by-side motion. Make sure you use the drum sander, the edger and a finer grit sand paper.
- If you find any hole on the floor, fill up the hole with wood filler made from latex. Apply the latex liberally to fill up the scratches and the holes.
- The last step is to give a finishing touch to the wooden floor. You may go for the wood stains to give a darker and classy appearance to the floorboards. Apply the wood finish liberally. There are a lot many variations in the wood finish so it is only your floor expert who can guide you for getting a better floor polishing done.
Tips on Floor Sanding and Polishing
When you are restoring a wooden floor, make sure you use a dust free and state-of-the-art sanding machine. It is wise to have an expert by your side since the entire task is strenuous. The angle of using the sand grains and the exact movements that are associated with the polishing, are important considerations which will go a long way to make your floors last long.
A beautifully and perfectly polished timber floor can give a fresh lease of life to your home. It can enhance the value of the home. Sandpaper pads can be used to smooth the surface. If the floor is old, use a coarse sand paper. Move in a diagonal direction instead of going along the wooden grain. Always keep a vacuum cleaner by your side to clear up the mess. If you follow all the steps of sanding and polishing, you can get a professional finish.