A lifting equipment is referred to any machine or instrument that is commercially used for lifting heavy loads. Lifting equipment is widely used for industrial purposes where lifting heavy loads are a requirement of the industry. These are widely used in industries like construction and building industry, mining, manufacturing industry, warehouses, chemical industry etc. Vertical lifting of heavy loads is an impossible task to achieve by common manpower. Lifting machines can solve such issues in no time. A lifting equipment is more practical and handy. For easy and quick relocation of the heavy objects such machines are very important.
There are several different types of lifting equipment available in the market. The most common ones are chain hoists, electric hoists, shear legs, hydraulic machines including jacks, pulleys, different elevators, boom trucks, bucket truck, and a wide variety of cranes including the mobile cranes and the conventional tower cranes. All these machines are used independently or in a combination with one another in order to do the heavy lifting jobs at the action sites. The cost of these equipment varies greatly. But all equipment have the functional advantage of their own and hence their costs are justified in one way or the other.
# Advantages of Using Lifting Equipment
- Reducing the Manual Load: Shifting objects against the gravity is not a child’s play and can be extremely strenuous and difficult at the same time especially when the load exceeds a certain limit. The hoisting equipment relieves the workers from the strains and also reduces the manual labour invested in lifting objects. It makes the workplace fatigue free and saves a lot of manpower and manual labour.
- Flexibility of Equipment: Different types of equipment are used for lifting heavy objects allow flexibility of refitting and reassembling whenever and wherever needed. This extends the lifting capacity of the equipment to a greater extend.
- Ease of Using Anytime Anywhere: Lifting equipment can easily be used everywhere and in any kind of environment. These can be used efficiently inside the indoor environment of a warehouse or at a more outwardly exposed environment or outdoor environment. The variety of equipment provides the allowance of using them suitably at a wide range of indoor and outdoor places.
- Ease of Customization: These kinds of equipment are used for the purpose of lifting heavy loads are highly customizable. The equipment usually comes with a dozen of attachments and varied tools. Such tools and attachments can be customized purely based on the nature of work and specific requirement of the job.
- Cost Effective and Easy to Maintain: The job of lifting a heavy load requires a lot of physical manpower which involves a lot of continuous expense. But lifting equipment is highly cost effective as they can replace all the manual work. Usually these machines come with a sturdy built and once put to use can serve you for several years. It does not require high maintenance cost with less specialized maintenance treatment. Maintaining of such equipment is easy and can be done by using regular machine maintenance methods.
- Motile and Easy to Transport: Hoisting machines are equipped with most contemporary technology with high working capacity and mostly come with power of locomotion. Such devices are either portable or easy to transport and are enabled with motility so that they can be transported promptly and in a hassle free manner at any place. Lifting devices like cranes are popular since their inception because of their power of mobility.
- Safety and Security: Lifting equipment is the safer to work with. Lifting heavy objects involve a lot of practical risks but using lifting devices make the work safer for everyone around.