One of the smartest ways to make your home look stylish is to have plaster coving and ceiling rose in your house. This decoration for ceiling is used by many homeowners to give a touch of class to a home. Initially such plaster ceiling cornice and roses were used in royal properties and old mansions. This was a symbol of status and class with an artistic touch in that era. Now, it still continues to impart the same touch, but they are more readily available as plaster moulds, and can be installed on the walls and ceilings easily.
Why Plaster Ceiling Roses and Cornices Are Used?
Any DIY’er can handle this job and can efficiently install these cornices at the ceiling of their home. This is one of the effective decor tips that helps enhance the beauty and value of the property. Here are some best reasons why you should use plaster ceiling cornice and roses at home ceilings.
- They add to style and décor. Any room of the house can be transformed into a beautiful place with the addition of ceiling roses and covings.
- You can also improve the look of an old property with these cornices, and thus they are useful for revamping a place.
- They are cheap, so you will not have to spend all your hard-earned money on them. They are available at affordable prices.
- Chandelier and center piece lighting size depends on the size of a room so installing cornices in a room with chandelier can be tricky.
- They are easy to install, and you need not chip off old paint and plaster to install them. They simply stick with a coat of cement primer and then paint over them.
- To highlight a room where you are not planning to do any wall paint yet, you may simply add cornices and then paint them with your desired color.
- They add value to the property.
- They are easy to buy. You can order them online and get them delivered at your doorstep too soon, and then you can transform your rooms.
- Cornices are great a great option for concealing wiring in homes which you cannot hide in other ways. You can pass cables and wires beneath them, and can plan a cornice accordingly to accommodate the volume of the cable.
- If you ever change a cornice, you can simply snap it off and replace it with another design.
- You can add more to an existing cornice on its top or below it, and this works fine.
- Cornices are easy to resize if you need smaller pieces for a certain edge of the wall, you can cut it with a saw.
How to Install a Ceiling Rose and Cornice
Installing a ceiling cornice or rose is as simple as that, and anyone can do this with little efforts. You would need a ladder to get to that height. Then you will have to simply clean the surface and corners of the wall with sandpaper. Once you have roughened the surface good enough for the primer to cling to it well, you should mix adhesive and primer, and apply coats of this on the edges with the right sized paint brush. Be careful while coating the edges. And instantly you should attach the cornice pieces onto the place. It will stick, and then you will have to give it one to two days to dry and settle completely. For ceiling roses, the installation process is same as chronics installation.
Getting your car serviced regularly is one of the most important car maintenance tips which a car owner simply cannot slack on. Regular servicing not only ensures that your car is working in its optimal condition but also keeps a check on the most important car parts which could cause damage if they are not working efficiently.
Important Points to Consider:
When you are taking your car for servicing at a garage, it is important to notice if your car mechanic is focusing these five important parts or not.
- The Tires: One of the most important areas of a car, the tires can either save or take a life. The best car mechanic will pay extra attention to your tire and it’s pressure during regular servicing. Underinflating your tires can lead to dangerous accidents, whereas over inflating them can affect the fuel efficiency of your car. A good car mechanic will know exactly the right pressure and inflation that your car needs, to ensure the safety of you, your passengers and passer-by’s on the roads.
- Brake Pad and Clutch Fluid: It’s not needful to tell you exactly how important the brake and clutch are in your car. If these two parts don’t work properly, it could lead to massive danger for you as well as others on the road. It is important to ensure that your brake and clutch fluid is maintained at a high level. In most cars, mechanics can check the brake and clutch fluid levels from the transparent level in the reservoirs itself.
However, the best car mechanic will recheck the brake and clutch fluid level by opening the reservoir cap and visually checking the fluid. Check that your car mechanic is topping up the brake and clutch fluid with genuine, new brake fluid of the appropriate grade only. Your mechanic should also check for leaks in the reservoir to ensure there is no wastage taking place.
- Battery: A good car mechanic will check the battery and battery fluid levels of your car during servicing. The optimal level of the battery fluid should be maintained between 5 mm and 10 mm above the plates. Ensure that your car mechanic uses only clean, distilled water to top up the battery fluid if required. It is important that no one should carry an open flame or smokes during this process, as battery fluid is very explosive. The battery should be fixed properly in a tight and secure manner before your car servicing is over.
- Air filter: If the oil in your car’s engine is its blood, then the air filter is your car’s lungs. The best car mechanic will check the air filters on your car during servicing. The fuel economy, as well as acceleration of your car, can be greatly affected if the air filters are clogged. After a normal period of time, it is obvious that the air filter of your car will be clogged and requires cleaning or even replacing.
- Coolant: Just like you require an air conditioning system to keep you cool during the hot weather, your car needs to maintain a certain core temperature as well. This is the job of the coolant. The engine of your car is kept at a balanced level by the coolant. If this part isn’t functioning properly, your car could overheat, causing many issues such as reduce performance, excessive wear, and tear, or even cause your engine to seize!
The best mechanic will ensure that all these car parts are thoroughly checked to ensure the efficiency and safety of your vehicle.
Hiring a professional and good concrete supplies services is important as they form the base to a successful construction project. Irrespective of the size of the project, the constructor that you choose will determine how the end results of the construction project, especially the outcome. It is really good to be aware while choosing a good concrete supplies services. You need to choose wisely after knowing certain things about the contractor.
How to Choose a Contractor?
- Reliable and dependable concrete supplies services will always mix your concrete as per your specifications and requirements.
- A good contractor will provide good customer service throughout the project and delivery process.
- You should ask if the contractor provides warranty because they should. Every contractor should give one-year warranty if anything goes wrong with the project. You should ask your concrete supplies services about warranty and what warranty it covers.
- Communication is essential for any work, and so you must talk to your concrete supplies services and ensure they are real and top-quality professionals. You have to make sure that they understand your requirements and understand the project and its challenges. So, it is ideally recommended to be in touch with your contractor over phone or text or email.
- You have to run a background check on their past work and check their references. If they have good recommendations from people you know to back them up, then it’s an added advantage. Check them online to find if they have good reviews and find it their past customers are satisfied with their work in general or not.
- You have to preferably choose a concrete supplies services which are nearer to your house. You will not want any delay when you are getting ready mix concrete as it needs to be poured within ninety minutes for optimal results. You will also pay more for your concrete if the location of the concrete supplies services is far away due to fuel and time costs.
- You must ask the company about the costs of the project. In fact, you must ask like to how much the entire project will cost. Do not always go for the company with the lowest cost. This may be the case that they are using old equipment or low-quality materials. Ask each company to give you a written description of the costs describing their materials and equipment. A written document covering the details can give you a better idea of the projected expense of the construction.
- You also need to ask the company about a projected timeframe for completion of the project. Compare all the deadlines the companies are providing or claim in. A typical work like fixing a roadside or sidewalk should not take more than two to three days. If you are quoted higher than that, then keep looking for another concrete supplies services.
- Look for a contractor with large capacity trucks to pour the concrete easily and fast. However, then again if your project is by a narrow road, then a smaller truck would be better. So, when interviewing contractors, look for the ones with a large fleet. The more different trucks in good numbers they will have, the better suited they are for all sorts of work.
- Collect the cost quote from many companies. You will see an average value that might be required to complete this work, and hence this will give you an estimation of the budget that you need to have for this project.
- You don’t want to hurry and finish the project quick, but you don’t want to start late either.
These different factors will ensure that you get the best work for your concrete supplies services. The more efficient and high-quality work you get out of them, the better it is for your project.
A locksmith is a person who works with keys, locks and different types of security systems. Emergency locksmiths are the ones who are available at any time of the day, whenever wherever required. They are specialized in fixing the broken lock and keys, making new keys and installing different kinds of security systems namely alarm. In certain countries, it is important for locksmiths to receive proper training and degree from a well-known university or school. Their job is not only restricted to replace or unlock locks. In some places, they even operate remotely from a different location and serve their customers. They help their clients to get into locked house or cars in faraway places. They make a new key when it is misplaced or even broken. Some locksmiths even have the knowledge of how to open safes.
Expertise in Locksmiths
There are numerous areas where a locksmith can help you. The common jobs that emergency locksmiths do are as follow.
- Key Cutting: They are usually specialized in cutting any type of lock be it to the garage, back door, padlock or even cabinet.
- Doors and Windows Locks: One of the most common areas locksmiths specialize in is the standard window lock or UPVC doors that are used in domestic homes.
- Security Safe Services: Safes are one of the essential things one needs to install in their house. Locksmiths are obviously specialized in the opening, repairing, installing and even supplying the security safes.
- Auto Locksmith: Some locksmiths offer services where they can get into the vehicle if it has got accidentally locked. They are specialized in repairing car key fobs, transponder keys and even programming remote keys.
- Access Control: Locksmiths are also able to supply, specify and install electronic access control system in the household or any specified area.
Things to Check Before Hiring the Locksmith
Locksmiths are usually needed in emergency situations and one tends to hire the first emergency locksmiths who they contact. But it is necessary to consider few things before hiring a locksmith for your needs. The common things that should be checked are explained below.
- It is mandatory to verify if they charge for only call outs. Some locksmiths charge only if they are able to complete the job whereas some also charge extra for visit to your home. It is absolutely necessary to have an idea about the charges otherwise it can surprise you at the end.
- It is important to have an idea about the availability of the locksmith. It is better to consult the locksmiths who are available 24 hours a day since locks can malfunction any time of the day and it becomes absolutely necessary to fix them immediately without any delay. It is one of the most important aspects to check before hiring the emergency locksmiths.
- One of the important aspects one needs to ensure is the type of service the locksmiths offer. It is essential to check the type of locks they provide. It is advised to install the locks that provide the best protection against tampering of locks.
- Usually, locksmiths provide a proper guarantee for their services. The locks should be tested and checked whether they provide the desired services.
- Last but not the least it is very important to get an idea of the expense before handing over the job to the locksmith. It should include everything from cost incurred for purchasing the parts to the service charge of the locksmith. There should not be any hidden cost that would get revealed after completion of the job.