In the last year alone more than 15 million AC units were ordered by consumers based on a report, and you typically spend 15% of your utility bills for cooling your room. As the heat is increasing every year, it is giving the boost to air conditioner sales and consumers are willing to pay more for better air conditioners. It is imperative to pick the right air conditioner as the smaller one will struggle to cool down the large rooms, and the bigger one will cool it too quickly without removing moisture from your rooms. Places where central air conditioning is not possible the split and window ACs do a fair job at the much lesser price. So, you need to consider few things before buying air conditioners, and you should check their warranty, durability, installation guidelines and cooling capacity as well as power consumption level.
Tips for Selecting the Right Air Conditioner
- Firstly, always check the energy rating that comes with the air conditioners. The 5-star rating indicates super efficiency and saves a lot of money on your utility bills but these also come at a higher price. Apart from that, always choose air conditioners that are designed with the copper body because they can easily prevent power fluctuations.
- Secondly, you must pay attention to the noise created by these air conditioners. A silent AC will have very less noise comparable to that of a fan and therefore provide a calm night sleep to you.
- The air conditioner must be installed correctly using the right techniques and other electronic items such as refrigerator and television should be kept away from the AC unit. In this case, you can hire the professional air conditioner installation services and they can easily install your cooling machines within a short time.
- Regular cleaning of the filter is a must for optimum performance of your AC, and hence you must ensure that you fit AC at a convenient location so that you can access the filter quickly. Apart from that, you need to change their filter after a certain time and you can contact with the manufacturing company in this regard.
- There are various smart air conditioners available in the market that can be controlled by your Smartphone. They are little expensive, but they can give you more convenient operation modes.
- You must also go through the warranty policies offered by the supplier. Some companies offer more extended warranties than others. Always read their warranty terms because the extended warranty is only applicable on the compressor and the company do not offer any extended warranty on the outdoor as well as indoor units.
Identify the Best Air Conditioner for Your Rooms
You should also consider the cooling capacity of the AC you are buying. You can choose a 0.8-ton AC. 1 ton for 150 sq. Ft rooms. For larger rooms, you need to buy high cooling capacity air conditioners. In this regard, you can discuss the same with the dealers and they will assist you to choose the best air conditioner according to your needs.
If your home is located at a place where the temperature crosses 45 degrees during summers, then you should add extra 0.5-ton capacity in your calculation for adequate cooling of your home. Also, keep an eye out for better after sales services as AC requires regular maintenance and you need to get it serviced before every summer season.
So now you can search the air conditioners online and after checking their warranty, durability and cooling capacity, you can choose the best one for your rooms.