The Thai Cuisine is well known for being one of the most celebrated gourmets across the world. Its popularity is somewhat depended to the diversity of all the ingredients used in the food items, the spectacular spiciness, and the profound medicinal properties. Thai Cuisines are also beneficial for your health because it can reduce your cholesterol level and blood pressure because most of Thai cuisines contains garlic elements and having garlic will automatically reduce the cholesterol level. Thai cuisines also contain chillies, so it will be also beneficial for your heart and immune system if you have it often. All the major Thai dishes are cooked as well as refined with the help of two or more types of spices or herbs which prove to be quite beneficial for your health.
Being a famous cuisine of the world food industry, Thai dishes have the complete balance of all the five flavours – sweet, salty, spicy, bitter and sour. One of the indispensable ingredients found in the seasoning of all the important Thai dishes is the fish sauce. You can try Thai dishes at the Thai restaurants along with their staple food item which is the steamed rice, most popular in the northeast and north of Thailand.
The Must-Have Dishes of The Thai Cuisine
If you are about to visit a Thai restaurant then there are a few famous dishes which you should not miss out at any cost.
- Kai Pad Med Miming Hamadan – This particular dish basically means ‘Stir-Fried Chicken with Cashew nuts. If you love to have nonspicy food items, then this dish is going to be your favourite discovery in Thai cuisine. The dish tends to have a slightly salty and sweet fried chicken along with the flavour of cashew nuts which tends to be a great option for children as well.
- Poor Pie Trod – This is the famous dish of fried spring roll. Known to be a famous appetizer, it is a non-spicy dish which usually comes with a sour and sweet dip. They are a form of crispy pastries along with the efficiently fried vegetable stuffing. You would find these spring rolls in all the major Thai restaurants around your place.
- Penang or Meat cooked in a spicy coconut cream – This dish can be ordered in two forms – either with pork, beef or chicken. Although it tastes like the traditional Thai curry, the coconut milk cream makes it a lot richer and thicker in flavour. It is always reserved with a plate of steamed rice as the dish has a mildly sweet and spicy tinge to it.
- Spicy Papaya Salad or Some Tam – One of the most popular dishes found in the Thai restaurants is the Some Tom which comes with a sour and spicy flavour altogether. It is a relatively spicy salad which is made up of a mix of vegetables like yard long beans, tomato, and unripened shredded papaya. This dish is generally served along with sticky rice and grilled chicken. If you are looking for an authentic Thai dish, then the Som Tam is definitely going to have a good impression on you.
- Moo Sa-Te – Also known as the dish which encompasses grilled pork sticks with turmeric, it tends to be an appealing choice for your taste buds. The pork sticks in Thai restaurants come with two major dips which are a bit spicy along with coconut milk and saucy peanuts.
Try Out A Few Exotic Thai Dishes on Your Next Visit
After you please your taste buds with the most famous dishes in the Thai restaurants, try a few dishes which would leave you spellbound with their flavours and taste. One such dish is the Green Chicken Curry or Kang Keaw Wan Kai. This one comes with a tangy, spicy and sweet flavoured curry which you can savour with a plate of steamed rice. Moreover, you should also try out the Tom Yam Goong which is the popular Shrimp soup found in all the major Thai restaurants. It is the optimal representative of the specific Thai gourmet.