Talking about incontinence to the doctor or anyone else is a bit tough task for both men and women. In case of others we can only say that keep your trust on your loved ones and believe that they will understand about the problems you are going through. However, in case of doctors we can help you in getting prepared for your meeting. If you have accepted that you are facing incontinence then the hardest part is already done, second hurdle is using right type of incontinence products or female incontinence pads. After sorting these two hurdles, only one teeny weenie work is left which is consulting the doctor. Here we will help you in preparing for your first time doctor visit.
Stop thinking about what to expect in your meeting with the doctor. Just get up take a walk with us on the whole procedure of the meeting with the doctor with ease.
Female Incontinence Pads
After the Introductions:
- How can you say that you have incontinence? (Meaning Symptoms)
Well, if you are claiming that you have incontinence then it is fact that you have done your own research on the topic and faced some symptoms which are related to the issue. Now the time of shyness is gone and the time of accepting truth is here be confident and share the symptoms you are facing so far which leads you to the conclusion. It is very important for every patient to be open and honest to the doctors as they are there to cure your problems and they can’t help you with half-truths. Also, do not forget to inform them about the female incontinence pads you have been using currently.
- What is your medical history? Do you have documents for the same?
Doctor might or will definitely ask you about your past medical experiences or medical history. So if you have faced any issues in the past then keeping the documents handy will be a good decision and share the details which are not mentioned in the reports, so that the doctor can make a fair observation of your situation. Also, share with them about your usage of female incontinence pads, like since when, and what type of incontinence product you are using if the topic comes out. Your doctor needs to know all the stuff to create the best and appropriate treatment program for you.
- Have you taken any prior treatment for incontinence?
Share about what you have done in order to treat your incontinence by yourself or after some consultation. Anything related to incontinence treatment you have done in the past needs to be shared, whether your medication usage, or if you had surgery, or any other treatment plans.
- Let’s take a physical examination, shall we?
After listening to everything and after the observation of the details of your history and other treatment plans, the doctor is likely to ask you for a physical examination, so better be prepared for the same. They will observe about numerous things, from urine infection to catheterization in order to check the working of bladder. They will also check your bladder reaction after coughing and sneezing as it will help them to judge the intensity of your incontinence. An X-ray or MRI can also be on the way, so relax and let the doctor do their work.
- Choices for you?
After checking everything and listening to you, your doctor can suggest you several things from female incontinence pads to medications. However, here you have the power to put your opinion on the table regarding your comfort zone with the solutions. The doctor can analyse both the sides and can offer you the best solution which is comfortable for you and hygienic too.
A number of people who do not take feet problems too seriously. The fact is that your foot holds the weight of your body and thus it needs to be treated with care. In case you are facing foot problem, then it is wise for you to meet the podiatrist soon. The damage to the feet can cause various other body problems such as back, hips, knee and legs of course. Your foot holds the body weight and when you walk or run, or do some exercise, you may feel some pain in your feet and ankles. In such cases, you need to consult with some podiatry specialists and they can solve your problems.
A Podiatrist not only suggests you the right shoes, but he can also examine your feet, nerve and he will check your bone strength as well. Then the podiatrist can suggest you some proper shoes along with some regular exercise to keep your feet healthy.
Toe Pain and Ingrown Toenails:
When you notice toe pain while moving around or walking, it is the time to visit a specialist. If you are going through unbearable pain in the complex constructs of the toes like muscles, ligaments and small bones, then you should see a specialist instantly. Getting the right treatment is important otherwise the injury may get worse. If you have been ignoring a hammer toe, then this is something that you should not do but see a podiatrist professional. The specialist will examine the toe and check the level of pain you are going through and accordingly suggest you treatment.
If you face some nail problems, infections on nails and swelling on nails then you need to visit some podiatry clinic and they can suggest you some medicinal treatment along with some regular exercises.
- Diabetes: The diabetic patients are at a higher risk when it comes to ankle, foot, back and knee problems. Diabetic people can suffer problem from dry skin to foot amputation. There have been many cases where the diabetic person has to undergo amputation in order to get rid of the problem.
Bleeding and Cracked Heels:
Usually, people have the tendency to apply cream over the dry heels. This is the right solution for it. In case the dryness persists longer, then you may face more problems. When the dryness is not treated, It can lead to bleeding heels and is then more prone to infections. If this is what happens to a diabetic, then seeing a podiatry specialist at the earliest is recommended.
- Bunions: In case you are facing painful bunions, then seeing a doctor is important many people think that wearing the right shoes will solve the problem. The fact is that it does solve your problem temporarily but seeing a specialist will help in the long term. Thus, ensure that you do not avoid this issue and consult a podiatrist soon.
- Corn: Another reason why you should see a specialist is thick corn. Corn may be due to problem in the structure of the feet. If you are experiencing corn regularly, then this may be the reason to visit the specialist.
- Hip and back pain: Usually, people do not visit the podiatrist specialist at first when they experience hip and back pain. Most people do not realize that the back and hip pain can be due to foot problems. The malformation of the foot can cause a problem in balance and movement. When you treat the foot problem, you will get relief from hip and back pain as well.
So now consult with some podiatry specialists and get the treatment for your feet, nails and anklets.
In simple words, a medical crash cart is a portable collection of some of the most basic equipment and supplies that are needed to tackle a medical emergency. This cart carries devices or supplies such as surgical needles, suction devices, IV supplies, airways, cardiac monitors and defibrillator as well as emergency medication.
Hospital Medication Carts
Although the basic contents of a crash cart are the same in all medical facilities and departments, there might be some addition or diminution of equipment according to the specialization of the medical facility. The competence of the emergency of any medical facility depends on their maintenance of crash cart equipment. Given below are some important things that all medical personnel must know about crash carts.
Things You Must Always Keep at Hand
Some contents of the crash cart are required to be grabbed as quickly as possible on the event of an emergency. Therefore, it must be ensured that they are always within reach when kept in the cart. Here is some important equipment that must not be stowed away in the drawers but always kept in plain sight:
- The importance of the oxygen tank hardly needs to be explained to anyone associated with the medical world. You will need to crank open the tank and deliver the oxygen appropriately as soon as the airway is patent. Hence, this must be at hand at all times.
- However, is in charge will be required to make quick decisions about how to proceed and if to follow code if the cardiac and respiratory rhythm of the patient can be easily assessed. For example, if the patient is found to be in lethal cardiac rhythm. It helps to keep paediatric pads at hand as well.
- Another equipment that must be included in the list is a portable suction machine. This will allow the person in charge to clear the patient’s airways extremely fast and prepare for intubation or any other type of advanced and better airway placement.
- Some other simple things such as gloves, paediatric and adult sized bag valve masks, and extra electrode must be placed outside of the crash cart so that they are easy to find when required in an emergency.
Medical Crash Cart
Why Keep All Supplies Inventoried?
There are many reasons why the supplies on the medical crash cart have to be inspected and inventoried promptly. No one wants to be facing a medical emergency and find that the cart is missing some crucial item such as the epinephrine or the endotracheal tube. To prevent something like this from happening, it is recommended that an inventory should be created.
Regular inspections must be done to make sure that the necessary equipment is available and every medication is well within its usable period. The inventory must have the names and expiry date of all the equipments. This will make it much easier to replace items when required and make sure that a medical emergency is handled smoothly without any problems. Additionally, it must be ensured that all the other equipment is in perfect working order.
Some Common Queries Related to Crash Cart Contents
There are some common queries depending about the use and contents of medical crash cart such as the basic contents, the special content, how often should the contents be changed etc. While most of the medication and equipment are the same, there are some additions depending on the specialization of the facility where the cart is used. Usually, the medication is removed 90 days before their expiration and they are placed in carts that are more likely to use them before their expiry.
There are various kinds of medical carts used inside the hospital. The foremost among them is medical cart – anaesthetic trolley which is the prime hospital device used for storing medical tools required for aiding the procedure of anesthesia. Anesthesia refers to the use of anesthesia drugs in order to subdue the mind of the patient so that he/she does not feel any pain or discomfort. So, the surgical operation is carried out without any pain. To make sure that all the anesthesia tools are properly organized, the medical practitioner uses anaesthetic trolley to keep safe all the items and medicines. During the operation, it is very hard to find the proper medicine by the doctors because they need to finish the operation within stipulated time. That is the reason doctors always take assistance from the operation theatre technicians. These medical technicians mainly use the hospital carts and they usually stock their medicines in these carts safely. Apart from that, you can find some hospital carts for laundry cleaning purpose and machinery transportation carts.
Important Role of Hospital Carts for The Field of Anesthesia:
Anesthetic trolley refers to the hospital cart which is equipped with drawers and attachments to keep safe all the medical tools and equipments. It uses wheels and casters for easy mobility. The ergonomically designed hospital cart can store a huge variety of medical accessories and equipments. The doctor can easily access all the items as per their required.
- The anesthesiologists use anesthesia cart or trolley widely when they carry out operations. The carts carry the medical supplies needed for the anesthesia machines or gas machines, located next to the cart.
- The cart hosts various medical supplies and drugs to support the task of anesthesia. Apart from this kind of cart, there are many other kinds of hospital carts used for advanced medical facility.
Kinds of Medical Carts Used in The Hospital:
- The foremost kind of cart is the emergency trolley, which is used under emergencies. The cart is used for resuscitation of the patient. When there is high emergency in the ICU room owing to the cardiac arrest, drug overdose, etc., the emergency crash cart is used. The cart is equipped with AED machine or an automatic electronic defibrillator for the patients of heart arrest. Apart from this, there are various tubes, equipments to restore the breath of the patient.
- Medicine trolley or cart is another kind of cart, which houses different medicines for the patients. Featuring a room for punch cards, the cart carries the group of prescribed medicines. Such a cart helps in the timely administration of medicines. To reach the patients on perfect time, it is necessary to transport the medicines to the concerned department. Through these medicine carts, pharmacist can easily transport the medicines to these departments and the nurse and medical professionals can use these medicines for their patients.
Some Features of Anesthetic Carts
Anesthetic carts are used for storing all the tools relating to anesthesia. Only if the patient receives a proper anesthesia care, he/she can stay pain-free or unconscious all throughout the surgical procedure. The cart must be designed in such a way that the anesthesiologist can access the items when needed. The medical tools and equipments must be easily accessible. The design must facilitate an easy transport of anesthesia drugs in between the rooms. Look for the option of locking drawers if you want the tools to remain safe. The anesthesia cart is available in various specifications and colors. It must accommodate the various facility needs. The choice of color is important to coordinate which trolley belongs to which room or center.