The concept of Granny Flats
The advancement in Science and technology has brought revolution in the industry of construction and civil engineering in form of granny flats. Granny flats are defined as compact homes that can accommodate only a single or a maximum of two persons and are constructed in compact sizes on limited spaces of a plot or land. On a general trend, since these types of houses are generally preferred by the old couples hence they have earned the name of ‘granny’. Generally, everything in the granny flat is compact in nature to avoid the consumption of unnecessary spaces and are equipped with the simpler and basic versions of everything. Normally, divided into two types of modular and conventional granny flats designs, this article discussed majorly the popular 2 bedroom granny flat design that is preferred mostly in the market.
A General Layout
The general layout of a 2 bedroom granny flat design includes flexible bedroom designs, adjustable doors and windows and customized rooftop designs that meet the expectations of the customers. The rooms are designed according to the best quality and meet all the necessary ergonomic designs that aid in both comfort as well as give a modern touch to the design of the flat. In case of attached granny flats, special care is given to segregate the flat from the main household. Many companies are dealing in the same present animated videos and design reports for the same to the customers to give them a better insight on the designs of the flat.
Some of The Famous Ones
Some of the famous 2 bedroom granny flat design includes the following: –
- Botany Granny Flat- This includes two bedrooms with wall to wall robes and dual-purpose kitchen for both dining as well as entertainment spot in the house. The bedrooms are generally equipped with large sliding doors to show sophistication in the design of the flat. It is generally suitable for plots with 15 m width and 12 m spacing between the main house and the attached granny flat.
- Stephen Granny Flat- This version is very popular because it has a well-equipped central hallway that has access to via the sliding door. The two bedrooms have access to a common central bathroom via two-way doors that are easy to access also. With a size of 60 square meters, it is an ideal design for an indeed compact spacing for the house designs.
- Seaforth Granny Flat- With a total space of 60 square meters, the design of Seaforth consists of two compact bedrooms built at the ends of a concealed hallway and the divider separating the rooms are not only meant for privacy purpose but also aid in the shelving purpose for the living area and creating a divide for the bathroom also.
- Blue Gum Granny Flat- This design has two well-furnished bedrooms that have access to a well-furnished central bathroom and each of these bedrooms are well-equipped with wardrobes. Having a specialty, the kitchen of this design is indeed large and there is also sufficient space provided for the laundry purposes.
- Melanie Granny Flat- Derived from The Stephen type, the two bedrooms are well positioned at the opposite ends to increase the privacy factor of the occupants. An ideal design for the parents with new born kids, the maximum sizes for this range from 20 to 25 square meters depending on the attached structures for the same.
- Paddington Granny Flat- It is one of the newer designs into the market. The bedrooms have access to a central bathroom and laundry system and have a large living space near the kitchen. Both of these bedrooms are provided with well-equipped wardrobes too.